Back in 2014, Mathew sets the record straight during an interview with ABC 13.
Knowles says he’s been bombarded with media accusations that he’s trying to have a “Beyonce sale” because he is trying to make ends meet.
“I get to the office and my assistant of 15 years tells me that this mass hysteria, which I call Jedi-mind trick, is happening,” said Knowles. Referring to the garage sale, Knowles said, “I came up Sunday to help them out. I was nice enough to take photos with people… I see that backfired on me. I see a simple act of kindness ends up being, ‘I’m going out of business, it ends up being I’m broke.’”
The rumors surface again when Daily Mail broke this story over the weekend.
The site reports, Beyonce’s father has been accused of defrauding his former lawyers to the tune of $50,000 for refusing to pay a legal bill.
Mathew Knowles allegedly hired Lang Ferrer Law in November last year, but then refused to pay them over the course of the following months, the firm alleges in a new suit.
The filing claims Knowles hired the firm to represent him and his company, Music World Properties, for an unstated legal matter.
The firm alleges in the documents it claims to show proof that it followed through on its end of the deal, and provided services worth $49,120.35.
Mathew address the story on the gram.
It states, “Lies are circulating…
A bold lie is circulating Mathew Knowles, father of Beyonce and Solange, held a silent auction to sell his daughter’s memorabilia to pay off debts.
This is a lie without any foundation of in fact. No such auction occurred nor was ever planned or scheduled.