Over the weekend, legendary comedian, Katt Williams sat down with V-103’s Frank and Wanda In the Morning to discuss all things comedy.
While Katt Williams made media headlines for his “nuclear-hot takes on some of today’s top comedians, including Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Hart, Jerrod Carmichael and Hannibal Buress,” black Twitter got a hold of a separate portion of the interview that ultimately left Atlanta radio personality, Wanda Smith-Sellers, embarrassed.
At the end of after Williams’ rant, Katt directed his attention to the radio host, which sparked an on-air comedic back and forth.
Starts around the 17:23 mark.
“Hurry up and get to the salon,” Wanda roasted, after Williams clowned her cooking. “Your hair is…”
“My hair is 19 inches long and I have no perm,” Williams said. “Oops…”
“Only one of our hair is moving while we talk,” he continued. “Tell Wanda to take off them headphones and that wig. That wig and them headphones come together?”
As the two continued, he called her the black Lane Bryant, then said, “If you can’t get your blood pressure down, you can’t calm me down. If your cholesterol is 600.”
“Only one of us has $12 worth of jewelry on.”
Click Here if you missed the interview
Watch as Frank and Wanda air out their feelings over the controversial Emmy-winning comedian’s visit, from how it all started, to the wild weekend of social media commentary, viral videos and tweets that followed.
- At the beginning of the interview, Frank Ski says, “Right before our interview with Red Grand came to our studio we got the call that Katt Williams was coming with him. Katt Williams was not supposed to be interview. But, Wanda and I wanted to try and get Katt Williams on the air. So that every knows he was really reluctant at first to come on the air.. But, eventually he kind of relax more , warmed up he came into the studio and sat down.
- At the 3:22 mark, Frank Ski and Wanda talk about when Katt Williams talked negatively about Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish and more.
- At the 5:28 mark, Wanda says, “.. So once he got in I was excited to really have him in the studio to be honest with you. I felt like as he started to talk in the beginning he had an agenda like to attack me and I kept feeling some type of way. I said okay. Where’s this going? So, honestly because of the respect that I have for him like I feel like he is one of the comics that has made it.
- At the 6:04 mark, Wanda says, “Every time I asked him something or say something it was like he kind of came for me….. I’m not that kind of comedian I don’t go tit for tat. That’s not what I do….. I didn’t know how to retaliate or how to come back because that’s not how I wanted to talk to him.
- At the 10:45 mark, Wanda says, “I’m not the type of person to down other people. I wanted to praise Tiffany Haddish because of her success.”
- At the 14:15 mark, Wanda reacts to the backlash she received on social media over the interview.
- At the 36:48 mark, Wanda and Frank Ski reacts to Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish response to the interview.
- At the 40:47 mark, Wanda explains what she would say if she had a chance to talk to Katt Williams again.
Earlier today it was reported, Comedian Katt Williams and Atlanta radio host Wanda Smith allegedly got into a fight outside the Atlanta Comedy Theater in Norcross that ended with Smith’s husband pulling a gun on Williams, according to a report from the Gwinnett County Police Department.