Remy Ma Reportedly Facing Four Charges in Brittney Taylor Assault Case

Image result for Remy Ma

Rapper Remy Ma now faces four misdemeanor charges after being accused of punching Love & Hip Hop co-star Brittney Taylor.

According to TMZ reports prosecutors have filed these charges against the “All the Way Up” MC: two counts of assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree and one count of harassment in the second degree.

Dawn Florio, Remy’s attorney, told the celebrity news outlet that prosecutors have updated the time in which they say the attack occurred from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Bronx artist’s legal team called this suspicious, saying they have visual proof that Remy was nowhere near Taylor when the attack truly took place. Moving the incident time forward an hour would place the two rappers in each other’s presence.

NYDN reports, Taylor told the Daily News Ma gave her a knuckle sandwich when explained how she “defended” Ma’s stepdaughter Dejanae from an abusive man who was beating her up.

“What happened with me and Dej in Miami is I saved her — I saved her life, and [Remy] got aggressive [when Brittany told her at Irving],” Taylor said.

Outside the courtroom Friday, Ma took a verbal swipe at Taylor.

“You guys should probably Google the people that you guys are calling ‘stars,’ and that you guys are, you know, giving credibility to. Look into them,” Ma said, dressed to the nines in white stilettos, a white blazer and black slacks.

Ma’s trial is scheduled to start on July 12. She is charged with assault, harassment and aggravated harassment.

“Who looks forward to going to trial? I have things to do in my life — like, I have a real job, I have a family, I have a husband, I have a daughter,” Ma said.

Judge Orders Sealed Court Records In Aborted Jussie Smollett Prosecution To Be Made Public

lee daniels jamal GIF by Empire FOX

It was previously reported, The two Chicago brothers who claim Jussie Smollett paid them to help stage what police deemed a “hoax” attack filed a defamation lawsuit on Tuesday against the “Empire” actor’s lawyers. Click Here if you missed that.

Here’s an update on the situation.

One of Jussie Smollett’s conditions after posting $10,000 bail amid charges he lied about being the victim of a racist, anti-gay attack was that he have no contact with two brothers police say he paid to help stage the incident, according to a case file unsealed Thursday in Chicago.

According to reports, Besides that detail, the “Empire” actor’s criminal case file appears to contain little new information. The bulk of the more-than-250-page file centers on the legal battle between media organizations that wanted access to the file and Smollett’s attorneys who wanted it kept sealed.

In his order for the file to be unsealed, Cook County Circuit Court Judge Steven Watkins said Smollett’s actions before and after his case was dismissed did not appear to be those of someone seeking to maintain his privacy. Smollett’s lawyers had argued that since the charges were dropped, the actor had “the right to be left alone.”

Watkins’ decision, which followed requests by The Associated Press and other media organizations to make the file public, said there were good arguments for keeping the file sealed but that Smollett forfeited his right to protect his privacy by talking to the media.

The actor had been charged with 16 counts alleging he lied to police when telling them that two masked men beat him in January in downtown Chicago, shouted slurs at him, doused him with a chemical substance and looped a rope around his neck. Police still insist Smollett, who is black and gay, staged the attack because he was unhappy with his salary on the Fox TV show and wanted publicity.

Prosecutors dismissed all charges, though, with little explanation on March 26.

The judge on Thursday wrote that Smollett “voluntarily appeared on national television for an interview speaking about the incident in detail. After the March 26 dismissal, he voluntarily stood in front of cameras from numerous news organizations in the courthouse lobby and spoke about the case. On several occasions, attorneys for Defendant, presumably with his authorization, appeared on various media outlets speaking about the case.”

The judge added, “These are not the actions of a person seeking to maintain his privacy or simply to be let alone.”


Click HERE to read the ruling unsealing records in Jussie Smollett’s criminal case .

Wendy Williams’ Son Arrested After Allegedly Assaulting His Father

Related image

Wendy Williams’ son, Kevin Hunter Jr., was arrested on Tuesday night after getting into a fight with his father, Kevin Hunter Sr., in New Jersey.

TMZ reported that Wendy Williams took her son to their family home in New Jersey to pick up something with plans to return for him later. Kevin Jr. reportedly did not know his father was home at the time, but the duo left there and headed to a nearby store together in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The two allegedly got physical in the parking lot after arguing about Kevin Sr.’s request for spousal support amid his divorce from the Wendy Williams Show host, according to TMZ. The TV producer, reportedly accused his son of being brainwashed by his mother and put him in a headlock, leading the 18-year-old to punch his father to break free. An insider tells Us Kevin Jr. was arrested as a result.

“He was arrested and charged with assault yesterday by the West Orange police. He was given a summons,” Essex County family court told Us in a statement. “Basically this is a matter that will be handled in family court. … He was processed in West Orange and then released to appear on a summons at a later date.”

Kevin Sr. addressed the incident by releasing a statement. “I love my son very much and I will not be pursuing this matter legally,” he told TMZ. “Things are not always how they appear.”

Nipsey Hussle Shooting Suspect Reportedly Pleads NOT Guilty To Murder Charge As Bail Is Set At $6.53 million

Image result for nipsey hussle store

It was previously reported, Christopher Darden will no longer represent a man charged with killing rapper Nipsey Hussle and injuring two other men in South Los Angeles. Click Here if you missed that.

Eric Holder has been indicted by a grand jury for one count of murder, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office announced Tuesday.

According to reports, He is also accused of two counts each of attempted murder and assault with a firearm and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon for the March 31 incident in which two other people were wounded.
Holder pleaded not guilty to the charges Tuesday and bail was set at $6.53 million. His next court appearance, a pretrial hearing, is scheduled for June 18.

If convicted of murder, Holder faces up to a life sentence in prison, according to the district attorney’s office. The penalty for a conviction on an attempted murder charge is 15 years to life.

City Girls Rapper JT Shut Down in Attempt to Leave Prison Early

Image result for yung miami and jt

Last year, City Girls’ member JT reportedly turned herself into authorities to complete her prison sentence for fraudulent credit card charges. Click Here if you missed that.

According to The Blast, City Girls member JT was denied early release for good behavior and will likely be serving out the remainder of her sentence.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, JT, who is currently behind bars in a Tallahassee prison, filed documents requesting to be freed months earlier and so she could be placed in a halfway house.

The rapper says she has earned 108 days good conduct time credit, and that as of July 12, 2019, she will have completed “15.6 months (12 months plus 3.6 months earned good time credit), thereby leaving 8.4 months of her sentence to be served.”

JT’s attorney tried using her newfound fame as a catalyst to get out, arguing that she “is one of two girls that make up the rap duo City Girls. Beginning around her change of plea City Girls became a force in the music industry. They have grown an intense fan base and have developed relationships with the elite of the elite.”

He continued, “It is without hesitation that I can proffer that you will never hear from this Defendant regarding any type of crime, much less an economic one. Granting this recommendation will allow the Defendant to get back to the studio where she belongs.”

The judge came back and denied the motion, but only because he wants the Bureau of Prisons to make the decision … so there’s still a chance JT breathes free air a little earlier than she anticipated.

Actress Felicity Huffman Cries As She Pleads GUILTY In College Admissions Scandal

Felicity Huffman broke down crying before a federal judge Monday after she pleaded guilty to paying $15,000 to a fake charity that facilitated cheating when her daughter took the SATs for college admission.

According to reports, When she appeared in court in Boston, prosecutors recommended a sentence of four months prison time for the “Desperate Housewives” TV star for her role in the college admissions scandal. They also suggested a $20,000 fine and 12 months of supervised release for the charge, which is a felony. She will be sentenced September 13.
The charity was associated with Rick Singer, who has confessed to helping wealthy parents cheat on standardized tests for their children. Singer also bribed college coaches to falsely designate students as recruited athletes, smoothing their path to admission, a criminal complaint says.
“I had no knowledge of Mr. Singer paying (others),” Huffman said Monday before crying. “Everything else (prosecutors) said I did, I did.”

Huffman and Singer exchanged emails on how to provide her daughter with extra time to take the SAT exam, prosecutors said, and arranged for the girl to take the test in a location controlled by an administrator whom Singer had bribed.

Huffman’s daughter received an SAT score of 1420 out of a possible 1600 — about 400 points higher than her Preliminary SAT exam a year earlier.Huffman later discussed the scheme in a recorded phone call with Singer, prosecutors had said.Huffman, 56, agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in April. She was among 13 parents who have said they would plead guilty in the scam.

“I am in full acceptance of my guilt, and with deep regret and shame over what I have done, I accept full responsibility for my actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions,” Huffman said in a statement in early April.

“I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community. I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly,” the Emmy award-winning actress said in the April statement.Seventeen other parents, including actress Lori Loughlin, submitted not guilty pleas.


%d bloggers like this: